So, work is kicking my butt. all free time that isn’t designating to stalking blogs, face book and our Beyond the Whiteboard is dedicated to work. Hopefully around the new year I will be able to update
So, a quick recap of the past few weeks
- I got a 7:23 Diane time the other week. The 155# deadlifts were easy, and i only dropped the bar twice-not even really a rest, just didn’t go tough and go for a couple reps. Handstand push ups were fine, i’m pretty fast because I’m short so I have less to travel .Glorious.
- Got a 150# box squat (being conservative-did it 2x) and a 110# push press. Ran out of time, failed at 115# due to form, not strength. Next time!
- Not doing well on other 1RM aspects. We’ve had 2 opportunities to hit our 1RM, and each time i’ve gotten 5#, which SUCKS. The day of Diane I only hit 120#, which is 5 pounds under my 1RM for a full clean, and yesterday I tried for my 1RM power clean and only got 125#. To be fair ,I didn’t try for 130#, but failed when i tried 125# again. Idk. I need to get better about 1RM days and not let one failed attempt get me. I’m probably stronger on the power clean that I was, but I definitely need to work one a)meeting the bar where it comes up, and landing in that quarter squat to meet it and b)keeping it close to my legs.
- Did my first 2 official WODS with ring dips-first one was 5 rounds of 10-GROSS. Took me FOREVER to get the last ones. Second one as today, AMRAP with 6 ring dips per round and I did about 36 of them. Need to figure the kipping rhythm out
- Did Butterfly kipping pull ups in the WOD today! Not for all pull ups, but every set of 9 I started out doing the and usually got a good string of 6-7 for the first 4 rounds, then only 2-3 before going back to just kipping
- Riley is starting to walk on her knees?? Not quite cruising but i caught her pushing and knee walking. So who knows
- Signed up for a Crossfit competition in Jan! With 3 other people- the box owner (And a coach), one of the “boys” from the all boy 6 am class, and one of the female coaches. She balances me out well-she’s super strong with squats and oly lifts, but DU, burpees, wall balls and gymnastics are harder for her. Should be a good team!
- So excited for all the food in Thanksgiving! After thanksgiving one of the coaches is giving me the Eat to Perform book to check out, so i can get better about fueling my body. I’ve hit some PR’s in the past month but I really need to hit more.
- One of the coaches is going to either help me find, or write me an Olympic lifting program that focuses on technique. High rep volume at 60-70%, with some pulling work. I’m pretty sure he’s waiting until I finish Hatch, which is mid december. So excited!! I did oly class last Saturday and got under the bar semi-well for Snatch but I definitely have technique work I need for both lifts. Just based on where I can pull the bar for both the Snatch and Clean in the second pull,the coach thinks I should have 95# for a Power Snatch and 145# for a Power clean- just about cleaning up the pulls and my positioning at the start and finish.
Let’s do a December goal list…
- Hit 175# on my back squat (testing Christmas Week after Hatch program is done)
- Hit 150# on my front squat
- Get 15 unbroken butterfly pull ups in a WOD
- 1 Strict HSPU
I think i can do it. I did 6 Butterfly pull ups in the WOD today. I’ve been working on strict HSPU at home-i can do 5 with an abmat, with wide arms. i’m hoping to add 15# to my squats after the program, but we’ll see. I guess i’ll be happy with 10-I think front squat should be ok, I did 3×120# the other day with a 2 second pause at the bottom. Back squats are my nemesis!!
PLEASE SHARE YOUR GOALS AND PRS!! I love reading about them!